It’s hard to believe we’re almost done with 2009. What a year for Crossroads for Women®! We expanded our services to reach more women in Maine, while also making fiscally sound decisions for the organization so that we can provide services for decades to come.
Gratitude lists are a great way to help us remember what we are truly thankful, especially during the holidays. ®'s website." href="http://crossroadsforwomen.org" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Crossroads for Women®’s staff, board, clients and supporters took the time to share what they are grateful for this season. As we look forward to a new year and to serving more women and families in Maine, Crossroads for Women® is grateful for:
- Organizational strength
- It’s focus on Women
- Sobriety (the longest amount of time in recovery in the responses was 48 years!)
- Amazing, committed, passionate and hard-working co-workers and board members (there were too many adjectives to add here – you get the picture!)
- The opportunity to be part of an organization that recognizes and values the strength of women
- Life, love, romance and acceptance
- Sober friends
- AA, NA and other support groups
- Having a bed to sleep in
- The nourishment we get from our community
- Dancing (and just being) with our children
- Long talks with the ones we love
- Wisdom, willingness and humility
- The ability to give and receive love
- Remembering who we wanted to be
- For the ability to help a woman begin to identify and actualize her own unique potential
- Hope, faith and guidance
- Living one day at a time
- Health and the health of family and friends
- The people that support us, no matter what
In 2009, we opened Kennebunk Counseling Center and started offering Psychiatric evaluation, medication management services and mental health counseling, in addition to our substance abuse and co-occurring services, at both of our outpatient offices in Portland and Kennebunk. We couldn’t have done it without our staff, board, clients, alumnae and supporters.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading our blog over the past couple of years. We try to keep people updated about what we do here at Crossroads for Women®, while also talking about substance abuse and mental health and its very real effect on women and their families. Will you make a contribution to our annual giving campaign this year and help women remember who they wanted to be? Give online by using our new, secure donor website at www.crossroadsforwomen.donortools.com, where you can also easily track your donations. If you prefer, please send a check to Crossroads for Women®, 66 Pearl Street, Suite 326, Portland, ME 04101. We will be sincerely grateful.
Crossroads for Women® is where you would send your mother, sister or daughter for outpatient or residential treatment for substance abuse and mental health so she can remember who she wanted to be. Your contribution will directly affect women, their families and the community around them and is tax deductible.