Today, the legalization of marijuana continues to be a hot topic across the United States. However, the fact remains that even if its use is legal, it can still have damaging effects if misused. This is true of other legally obtained substances like prescription drugs and alcohol. Recognizing that you have a problem and finding the right treatment can be the hardest part. Once you receive treatment for marijuana addiction, you will wonder why you didn’t get help sooner. The Crossroads treatment team is ready to get you back on track to a healthier lifestyle. To learn more, please contact Crossroads today at 877.978.1667.
Benefits of Marijuana Addiction Treatment
Casual, recreational, and medical use of marijuana does not mean you are addicted. However, if you rely on marijuana to get through the day, you most likely have a dependency that requires professional treatment. Getting treatment for your addiction at a treatment facility dedicated and designed for treating those with a substance use disorder has many benefits, including education, therapies, and tools to avoid a relapse.
If you’re wondering whether your marijuana use has become a dependency, then you should speak to a professional. Look for signs like feeling bad after your marijuana use or that others have suggested you cut back on your use. Deciding to seek treatment for marijuana addiction at a treatment facility like Crossroads can have short-term and long-term benefits. Benefits include:
- More motivation – Without the reliance on marijuana, your mind and body will be clearer to focus on more productive tasks at home, work, or school.
- Better relationships – Drugs and alcohol can have a damaging effect on meaningful relationships. Without drugs in the equation, you can focus on getting those relationships back.
- Improved health – Removing marijuana from your body can have immediate positive results on your health, especially after misusing or abusing the substance.
- Flexibility – Depending on the treatment facility, you can choose from residential or outpatient programs. Find the option that best fits your schedule and balance your family or work commitments.
- An environment conducive to recovery – Being at a treatment facility focused solely on rehabilitation among peers and professionals is the best scenario for successful recovery.
Finding Marijuana Addiction Treatment
At Crossroads, we can address all aspects of substance use disorders with treatment options such as:
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Residential rehab for women with children
- Residential treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
When it comes to the point that you realize the negative impact that marijuana addiction is having on your life, health, and relationships, it’s time to seek help. Seek the guidance of a trusted medical professional, ask a loved one to help you, and call on an addiction treatment center.
At Crossroads, once your body is no longer under the influence (commonly referred to as detox), you are able to focus on healing your mind and body together. Marijuana addiction treatment centers utilize evidence-based therapies, experiential therapies, and personalized treatment plans. These treatments help arm them with the tools they need to avoid drug use and live healthier lives.
Contact Crossroads To Learn More
The marijuana addiction treatment centers at Crossroads help to support clients in their goal of a healthier lifestyle free of substances. We offer substance use treatment programs on our campus in Scarborough, Maine. At our treatment programs, clients can work with a professional and caring team to get their life back on track without needing to use substances.
In addition to marijuana addiction, we also treat the following addictions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Benzo addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Opioid addiction
- Meth addiction
- Methylphenidate addiction
Give the Crossroads team a call today at 877.978.1667 to learn more about the variety of addiction treatment programs we offer.