Group therapy can benefit many who are struggling with substance use or eating disorders. A critical part of any treatment program, especially when it comes to addiction, is to involve both the addicted individual and those affected by a loved one’s addiction. At Crossroads, our group therapy program is designed to help you work together among peers and family to achieve and maintain a sober lifestyle. We work to create an environment where everyone feels safe, is comfortable sharing, and is aware that they aren’t alone in their struggle.
If you’re ready to find the support and help you need with making better choices in your life to achieve sobriety, then our group therapy program is here to help.
What Is Group Therapy?
Group therapy is at the core of any successful recovery program. It allows participants to work together with peers going through shared experiences and struggles. Through group therapy, you can work through the challenges with others and not struggle on your own. Being able to deal with your struggles alongside others and healthy socialization are among the key advantages of group therapy as part of treatment and recovery. Group therapy programs have many other benefits, including:
- A built-in support network – Being surrounded by others sharing similar experiences can only help you in your own individual recovery.
- A fresh point of view – You can put your own issues into perspective by taking in what others are going through alongside you.
- Holding you accountable – When you struggle to keep yourself on track, you benefit from having a group to help keep you accountable. You can also take the same role for your peers. There is power in numbers.
- Diversity – Group therapy can bring together people from different backgrounds with different points of view and unique personalities. These are people you may not have the opportunity to interact with in your day-to-day life. Seeing what each person struggles with, how each of you meets your challenge, and how you can come together to support each other is invaluable.
Group Therapy at Crossroads
Crossroads offers various outpatient therapy and educational groups at our campuses in Maine. We provide gender-specific group therapy options to make it a more comfortable scenario to share within. Group therapy options include:
- Greater Portland counseling center at our Scarborough, Maine campus
- Eating disorders intensive outpatient program (IOP) for Women
- Substance use disorder IOP for women
In addition, Crossroads offers a women’s aftercare group. It allows you to have a plan to support your recovery after you leave our IOP. The reality is that things can get complicated once you re-enter your life following treatment. We believe that this level of support is imperative to set you up for success. This aftercare group gives you the opportunity to meet once a week as a group and focus on the accountability and self-care necessary for a sustainable recovery.
Call on Crossroads for Group Therapy
At Crossroads, we focus on creating a sense of community among our clients, therapists, counselors, and family members. Our group therapy program exists so that you know you are not alone in your recovery journey. The safe and secure surroundings at Crossroads provide clients a comfortable place to share and learn from one another.
The customized and personalized treatment approach at Crossroads includes a combination of evidence-based and holistic treatment, such as:
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Art and expressive therapies
- Mindfulness-based relapse prevention
- Trauma therapy
Give Crossroads a call today at 877.978.1667 to better understand your treatment options for substance use and eating disorders, as well as co-occurring disorders.